Our Website Blueprint Planning Projects are designed to reduce the risk of committing to a longer-term project and [more importantly] gain insight into problems you may not have been aware of, review various options and define specific plans to build a website that is catered to everyone’s needs.
Every website development project is broken down into three main phases: Strategy & Planning, Design & Development, and Training & Launch. The Website Planning project just breaks it up by focusing on the first phase upfront. It's is a very collaborative and rewarding process where you will really get to know what it's like working with us.
Benefits of Starting with a Planning Project
- Get exact plans and costs for your final website design & development project (so there are no extra costs that surface as the project evolves)
- Experience a collaborative project approach that puts your unique goals in the forefront.
- Reduce the risk of having to commit to an entire project with a chosen partner.
- Keep the sky open for new ideas that you may have not even thought of. then, properly plan them out.
- Compared to a proposal, the Scope of Work for the rest of the phases specified within the Website Blueprint Planning Project will not change since we've set clear specifications.
How Website Planning Works
- Website/ Digital Marketing Audit - What’s been working, what isn’t working, what can be improved on? Review your current website’s content, design, lead/ sales generation techniques, traffic acquisition, site speed, hosting and domain services. We'll determine what improvements can be made to better streamline your sales and marketing, improve user experience, become more efficient to maintain, etc.
- Competitor Analysis - You need to be competitive if you're going to attract and engage your audience. How is your competition doing online? We’ll review their approach to how they’ve developed their website, how and what marketing channels they use to connect with their audience and how well they are doing in particular areas that we need to surpass.
- Keyword Research & SEO Redesign Strategy - We may find opportunities you didn’t even know existed that could alter the type of content and pages you put on your website to help your target customers find you. We'll also ensure that future improvements will not have a negative impact on your current organic search traffic.
- Unique Value Proposition - defines how you uniquely solve your target customers problems . This should guide all of your content.
- Goal Prioritization - clearly define the goals and objectives of the website so all specifications can be prioritized towards the ultimate goal.
- Key Performance Indicators - benchmark your current website’s digital analytics, average leads and sales and determine how to measure whether your website is reaching quantifiable goals.
- Persona Development - ensures that we focus our SEO, content strategy, and lead generation efforts in the right direction.
- User Cases - define everyone that will be using the website from an administrative perspective to potential customers to paying customers.
- Technology Requirements - define what Content Management System or eCommerce system you need.
- Content Needs & Information Architecture - what content do your users require? And how will we it be presented?
- Functionality Requirements - how do we need the website to work for each user from an administrative and customer perspective.
- Training Requirements - it's very important that you understand how to administer your website to keep it working for you. We want to make sure that the proper training plan is in place so their are no surprises after the website launches.
- Interactive Wireframes - a navigable prototype of how the website will work. Think of wireframes as a blueprint of a house, illustrating where things go and how to get to them. They look like simple skeletons of your website without the visual polish of the finished design, allowing us to experiment and iterate on solutions quickly so that we have a good sense of how content should be laid out across different screen sizes.
- Website Style Guide (optional)- simple guides for how the website will look and feel in relation to your brand and target customers. We'll represent the website's graphical treatment including typography, colors, buttons, backgrounds and supportive graphics.
- Production Schedule - we'll prioritize all of your website needs in relation to your business goals and budget sometimes even breaking the design and development into phases. Or we may just include a list of recommendations for down the road.
- Final Costs - now we can provide flat fee project costs to build your website based on the plans.
Once completed, you’ll have a master plan that clearly outlines everything needed and all functionality requirements for the final production phases of your website. You can literally take them to any partner you’d like and they would have a clear picture of exactly how to build your website and should be able to provide exact pricing to do so without assumptions. Think of the your Website Plan as building blueprints being handed over from the architect to the contractor.
If you truly loved the experience of working with us during this initial phase of your project, then we will provide you pricing and milestones for the final design, development and launch of your new website and marketing.